Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Halloween and Genealogy, Here's the Link

October is here and in addition to it being Family History Month, it's also the month of Halloween. In the next few weeks we'll all begin to see the Halloween decorations going up in our neighborhoods... pumpkins, witches, ghosts, etc. Those of us who are genea-historians will naturally think about our ancestors and wonder if they celebrated Halloween and if so how. Tina Sansone at BellaOnline has a wonderful article about this, Genealogy and the Origins of Halloween. It's an interesting article, check it out.

Here's an special Halloween treat for you. I've found a fabulous Vintage Halloween kit that you are just going to love! It's a mega kit with so many pieces you'll have a hard time deciding which to use. This kit was created by Winged Heart in Ohio and she was kind enough to share it with us all for FREE!

This kit has so many pieces it's got five previews! And it's so versatile you can use it for general autumn scrapbook pages too. I love to create pages with kits that reflect the age of the photos. This vintage kit will certainly reflect Halloweens in days of old but it would also give a nice "aged" flavor to more current Halloween pictures too!

You can get this kit here. Don't forget to say thank you to Winged Heart in Ohio, my neighbor to the south. She deserves a lot of thanks and appreciation for all her work and generosity. Can you imagine the hours/days she spent creating this kit? Yowza! So head on over for a visit, get yourself a fabulous Halloween kit...




And go get creative with your genealogy!


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Uggg...Hallowee is one holiday I am just glad scoots by!

I have thought of making a page though, to journal how I dealt with the holiday and my choices while my boys were little. I need more time so I can do it!